Frequently Asked Questions
Our Microbiome Test
- Our microbiome platform (Gutbuster) can detect over 23,000 different organisms including bacteria, parasites, yeast, viruses, phases, and fungi. Some common organisms that our platform can detect include: Candida, H. Pylori, Blastocystis Hominis, C. Diff, and E. Coli.
- To keep things simple, our microbiome report only highlights organisms that have a .02% abundance level or higher meaning that if you were looking for a specific organism on the report and can't find it, it is likely that the organism was not detected at a high enough level (over .02% abundance).
- We cannot detect any human DNA, so we can't detect blood in the stool. This means we are not capturing your DNA itself, only the DNA of the microbes living in your gut.
Calprotectin is a specific test to look at the level of the protein Calprotectin in the gut, which aids in diagnosing IBD. The GI Pathogen Test looks at specific harmful strains and is a separate test to the microbiome test.
- In the "Overview" tab, you will see the key findings at the top. Then, you can see your gut score. There are many factors that go into the score, so don't be alarmed if your score is not changing significantly. Things like illness, medications, saturated fat, simple carbs, sugar and more can contribute to gut health.
- Below there, you will see some recommendations for dietary changes to help improve your microbiome and score. Note--these do NOT take into account your allergies and dietary restrictions and are simply based on the microbes found.
- From there, you can work through the individual tabs of "Microbiome Details" and "Explore Your Microbes." If you're looking for harmful bacteria or pathogens found, look under the "Unfavorable" section of the report.
- The "Microbiome Details" tab will show the composition of your gut, your sub scores, and how you compare to the American Gut Project.
- Each of the microbes in the "Explore Your Microbes" tab includes a brief description and comparison information so that you can gauge how you stack up with other Floré customers.
- The view is slightly different in the mobile app.
- Want help reviewing it? Have specific report questions? Reach out to our Scientific Liaison at email@example.com.
- Capsules (Floré): The probiotics can be taken anytime, but we suggest taking one probiotic pill every day in the morning, at least 20 minutes before breakfast. Taking with water is best.
- Powder (Floré Baby, Tots, & Kids): Mix one 1/4 teaspoon serving (using the scoop provided) into your child's favorite cold drink. We suggest using water, milk or juice. The probiotics can be taken anytime, but it is best to take it in the morning about 20-30 minutes before breakfast.
- In the first shipment, everyone receives a personalized bamboo bottle and a week's worth of a prime version that is 1/6th the strength. Take this for the first seven days to get your body acclimated before beginning your first full-strength dose. (Note: the color may vary between the Prime and full-strength due to the different concentrations.)
- Log into your account using your email and password. If this is your first time trying to manage your account, you will need to create a new account.
- After logging into your account, click on “Manage Subscriptions” in the middle of the screen.
- Select a specific subscription to adjust the renewal date, cancel, add a discount code, change the card on file etc.
- Please note that the account management log-in is different from the log-in information you may have used to create an account on the Floré mobile app or on our web portal and you may need to create this account to manage your subscription.